Follow @Vapifier Tweet to @Vapifier

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My hardware collection slowly expands!

So I haven't done anything but the MBV reviews lately, so I figured I'd fill some people in on what I've been using hardware-wise. I keep picking up new toys, and I'm definitely not regretting any of them!

The most recent thing I've bought is a copper Nemesis clone that I'm in love with, even though it's only been in my hands since Memorial Day, where I picked it up at the Tobacco Joe's vape meet in Everett, WA. I'd been wanting a new mechanical, since my love-hate relationship has been a lot closer to hate lately with my Kamry K100-101. I picked up the Nemmy and loved it, and even more when I put the magnets in instead of the spring. It's got the lightest button press and always fires, which is a lot more than I could say about the crap K101 button. Its already starting to develop a nice patina. I haven't checked voltage drop on it yet, but I'm sure it's better than what I'd been using.

For my early Fathers Day gift I was allowed to go buy myself a House of Hybrids ZNA, which I picked up at Sky Vapor, also in Everett, WA. I love 90% of it. The only thing I have a gripe with is that the screen for the DNA chip has dead pixels that run right across the battery meter. Is it performance impacting? No. I did pay $300 for the damn thing though, so it's gonna be perfect once I get it shipped back for warranty repair. Other than that, it's solid, heavy, durable, and lets not forget beautiful. The dual-adjustable positive pin is fantastic and I've been able to flush mount absolutely everything I put on it. It does look like it might be uncomfortable to use, but the opposite is true. It fits in the hand very nicely, and the fire button has been very nice to use as well. Even though it uses an 18490 battery I still get almost a whole day of vaping in before needing to swap batteries. I could have got the extension tube, but I decided against it purely due to aesthetics.

As far as atomizers go, there are only two I use at the moment. On the ZNA I use a Kayfun Lite Plus "Black Edition" clone. It has adjustable airflow, SS construction, come with the extra metal tank section, so on and so forth. Cost me about $50, and worth every penny. I haven't had a single issue with it. I have it built with a 1.5 ohm microcoil and wicked with cotton, and I generally run it between 8 and 11 watts. On my mechanicals I've been using a Igo-W4 drip atty with a dual twisted 28ga microcoil setup that comes in at 0.34 ohms, so around 50 watts on a fresh battery. I was using regular microcoils, but the twisted wire gives me more vapor and flavor. I wick it with cotton. I run the wick over the top of the center post and through the coils, so when I drip in to it gravity works in my favor and keeps the liquid in the coils, and if the juice gets in to the well the little ends of the wick that stick out soak it up, so it's been very juice efficient. One of my friends changed from a cotton cloud to the setup I use, and he mentioned he was getting more flavor my way. I also drilled out the airflow to 2mm holes. For a cheap-ish atomizer it's kicking some ass.

That's about all I got at the moment. In the next week I hope to write up some other things besides the juice reviews. If anyone has a specific suggestion, post in the comments, tweet me, or email me at vapifier@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment