Follow @Vapifier Tweet to @Vapifier

Monday, May 26, 2014

The Great Mt. Baker Vapor Review: Cake (Yellow)

Yellow cake, the classic Betty Crocker boxed cake mix. Who hasn't had that? Usually with some chocolate frosting and "Happy Xth Birthday!" written on the top, sometimes with those god-awful hard candies that no one really likes, but they look nice.

That was the image that came to mind when I ordered this juice. It's not a tank cracker, so that's a plus, but it is a bit of a darker juice that will gunk up a coil. That means it's going in my dripper, and that means it's going to be max VG, because clouds are fun!

Upon arrival, the juice was sweet smelling with notes of, well, cake. Upon the first vape it was pretty tasty, and it definitely had a cake flavor, but it was more cake batter than the finished confection. I didn't have a problem with that, since I don't think it would be terribly easy to make something taste exactly like a cake. Also, the thing about every yellow cake I've ever has is that I couldn't precisely tell you what the cake alone tasted like. It seems to me that yellow cake is more of a transport device to get the frosting to your face without eating it out of the can.

Throughout the course of the bottle, I could definitely tell when the juice was starting to gunk up my coils, because the sweetness was greatly overshadowed by a charcoal taste. Not a big deal, juice gunks up. After a wick change everything was OK, and I only had to change it every 5ml or so. Not too awful really.

Overall, I'd have to go with a 3/5 on this one. Tasted like yellow cake, and I have no major complaints about it. Now, if you could make it taste like the cake with chocolate frosting and those stale candies...

No comments:

Post a Comment