Follow @Vapifier Tweet to @Vapifier

Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Great Mt. Baker Vapor Review: Cola

This juice... I wanted to like it so bad. I tried, I really did, but it didn't happen, and that makes me sad.

When I got this juice I cracked it open and took a whiff, and it smelled like, well, cola. I figured we were off to a good start here. Then I looked at the juice itself, and noticed it had seemed to have seperated, all the flavor floating on the top. I'd seen that before, so I let it sit. This steeped for around a week before I got around to vaping it.

Since it was a tank cracker, I decided to drip it. I got the full bore flavor out of it and the best description I have for how it tasted was from my brother. He said it's like a spicy store brand soda. I say it tasted like straight Soda Stream syrup. We both agreed that it was missing a vital component to a cola: sweetness. The distinct cola flavor was very prevalent, but there was way too much of it. I figured I would try it in my kayfun and see if lower power helped with the flavor.

With my metal tank on my kayfun, I filled it up and had a vape. First thing that happened was it now tasted like some kind of lemon, not really cola at all. I'm clueless as to why this happened. Second thing that happened was the juice burned. I've never had an issue with juice burning using the kayfun. Same setup I'd been using for months (0.8 ohm microcoil on a magneto). I figured maybe I wicked it funny, so I drained, rewicked, and refilled. Same problem, until my battery got down to about 3.6v, then I could vape it like I normally do with little to no issue. And before you ask, no, the juice wasn't separating anymore at this point. I checked before I filled it up. I still shook it for good measure though.

Overall, I'd have to put this juice at a 1/5. I've never had a juice just burn like this unless I was roasting a near-dry wick. The flavor was either super overpowering or wasn't cola at all, depending on the atty I used. I also got the unpleasant side effect of wicked throat irritation. I do not have a sensitivity to many things, but this crap made my throat feel like I had a mild case of strep. I can't say either way if there are better or worse cola flavors in the world, but I can say I wouldn't recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment