Follow @Vapifier Tweet to @Vapifier

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The History of (My) Vaping Part 3

When I discovered that the Blu cartridges fit in my old Joytech 510 battery, I was vastly unaware how far the world of vaping had progressed in a scant 4 years. I didn't know it could get any better. Boy how wrong I was!

I craved more variety in my flavors than my local gas station could supply with Blu carts, as well as more flavor and vapor production. I was pretty much clueless where to go next. The Electronic Cigarette Forum had an endless depth of information, but I got lost in the talk of things like ohms, amp draw, mechanicals, and a whole slough of other over my head pieces of information. Eventually I decided the next logical step was an Ego battery, an atomizer of some sort, and of course, eliquid/ejuice.

After snooping around online seeing everything that there was that I understood, I stumbled upon http://vaporjoes.com/, which I still check out every day for the best deals in vaping. I forgot the exact post that was put up, I think it was about the Kanger ProTank, but most importantly it steered me to two places that jump started my vaping interests: http://www.fasttech.com/ and http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/.

Fasttech was significant because that's where I bought my next two devices that got me a lot more in to vaping. I ordered a 1100mAh eGo battery with a CE5 clearomizer and 4 juices for a mere $21. Later on I would order my trusty Vamo V3, and although she's a little beat up after 6 months of constant use, still works like the day I bought it. Nowadays I don't order from them much, if at all, but that's mostly due to personal preference to support USA vendors and my impatience (It took over 2 weeks to get my other orders, but I couldn't turn down the price).

TasteYourJuice is hands down my favorite vaping site in the whole wide world wide web. Phil Busardo has done the community a huge service in providing all of us reviews, advice, and knowledge. I personally have seen every single one of his many, many videos, from the first joke video about the vapor pen (I didn't get it then) to the Hurricane Juice review. I don't buy much of anything, hardware-wise, that hasn't been reviewed by Phil. Why did I buy my Vamo? It got a thumbs up. ProTank? Thumbs up. Aspire BDC? Thumbs up. The way he goes over everything is extraordinarily useful, if even just to see how something works hands on. If he didn't live on the opposite side of the country, I would seek him out and shake his hand.

Now back to me!

I was pretty happy with my CE5 and my eGo, but I'd read about how some juices can eat away at plastic tanks. That to me sounded like it could be terrible in every way, so I looked in to glass tanks and it seemed to me that the Kanger ProTank was the way to go. It had rave reviews, even if it did leak a little bit from time to time, and it was simple to change out the coil heads, even rebuild them for pennies. After convincing my wife it would last forever, I got my ProTank, and it's still my go-to clearo.

Now armed with a small amount of knowledge and a nigh-indestructible tank, I headed out with my new fancy (albeit top-heavy) setup, and confused my coworkers even further.

No comments:

Post a Comment